1 Dec 2018 (Sat) 11:00 AM - 1 Dec 2018 (Sat) 1:00 PM
Verandah S6C, 6/F, Staunton Block A
Organized by Lomfa Fair Handmade Paper Workshop 浪花花造紙教室
Programme Description | 節目內容
At the very beginning, a piece of paper is made by interweaving fibers. Different kinds of fiber produce paper products with different functions. Paper made from rough fibers is suitable for making decorations, such as wrapping paper, lampshade, wallet etc; while paper made from smooth fibers is used for writing, book-making and printing.
During the papermaking process, the pounding sound of wooden hammer hitting on plants to extract fibres intertwines with the stress-relieving sound of waves. We are allowed to focus on the present moment, and reconnect to ourselves. You will experience this process first-hand at the workshop.
Workshop schedule | 工作坊時間表
1 /12 Sat (六) : 11:00am – 1:00pm
About LomfaFair Handmade Paper Workshop
In 2014, The Lomfa Fair Handmade Paper Workshop was established by Redtonetone - a founder with a passion for the art of traditional handcrafted papermaking.
During her long stay in Taiwan, Redtonetone followed master Lin Zheng-li to learn and to understand the profession and artistry of traditional handmade papers.
Through different workshops and speech-giving opportunities via various media channels, Redtonetone actively promotes the idea of “Handmade paper, made in HK” and the succession of papermaking.
1. 工作坊費用全免，報名須先繳付按金港幣$100，所作留位之用 。
3. 如參加者成功報名後未能如期出席工作坊，已繳交之 HK$100 恕將不獲退款。
Registration Rules & Regulations
1. Workshops are free of charge but a HKD $100 deposit is required for reservation.
2. An official confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address upon receipt of the HKD 100 deposit.
3. The deposit will be refunded ONLY to applicants who attend the corresponding workshop on the registered date.
4. Workshop will be cancelled if a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is still in force after 9am in the morning of the event date. In this case, the deposit will also be refunded to applicants.