9 Dec 2018 (Sun) 6:00 PM - 9 Dec 2018 (Sun) 7:30 PM
Verandah S6B, 6/F, Staunton Block A
Programme Description | 節目內容
With locally planted blue dye, let’s start the dye journey together and find out stories about textile and dyeing of the city.
Blue dye is an art with thousands of years of history. But do you know how many processes are required to dye a piece of clothing blue?
This workshop hopes that those who like to dye and fond of textiles will learn more about the different cultures of blue dye around the world. Each little step will add colour to the final product.
Participants may choose between handcraft handkerchief and tote bag for blue dyeing.
Workshop schedule | 工作坊時間表
9 /12 Sun (日): 6:00pm – 7:30pm
關於 Small Smile by Sarah
「相信，就會尋找到屬於香港的一抹藍」是 Small smile by Sarah 的信念。
About Small Smile by Sarah
“Searching for the blue that belongs to Hong Kong” is the spirit of Small Smile by Sarah.
Starting from 2014, Sarah has been looking for different stories about textile in Hong Kong. Every stitch by the sewing machine, a small string bag or even a double-sided tote bag, the magical blue dye patterns works wonderfully on all materials.
Small Smile by Sarah hopes that happy smile can spread to the faces of those who are engaged in textile dyeing during the magical “Blue Dye” experience.
Creation is keep trying. Failures and setbacks will be encountered, but this is the most unique essence of handcrafted pieces.
1. 工作坊費用全免，報名須先繳付按金港幣$100，所作留位之用 。
3. 如參加者成功報名後未能如期出席工作坊，已繳交之 HK$100 恕將不獲退款。
Registration Rules & Regulations
1. Workshops are free of charge but a HKD $100 deposit is required for reservation.
2. An official confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address upon receipt of the HKD 100 deposit.
3. The deposit will be refunded ONLY to applicants who attend the corresponding workshop on the registered date.
4. Workshop will be cancelled if a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is still in force after 9am in the morning of the event date. In this case, the deposit will also be refunded to applicants.