9 Dec 2018 (Sun) 7:00 PM - 9 Dec 2018 (Sun) 8:30 PM
Verandah S6C, 6/F, Staunton Block A
Organized by UpCycling Plus 流動架生房
Programme Description | 節目內容
我們相信升級再造設計的最大意義就是，看似無用的東西，卻讓你放低日常規範，放膽試驗，往往能激發無盡創意。 流動架生房師傅昌哥的復古cargo bike將首次變身成為流動金木工作枱 ，讓你體驗將廢棄銅水管和廢木塊設計成獨一無二的小飾物，同時亦會分享好設計和製作的細節，並講解金木工復修技術，教導大家創意運用各種手工具和零件。
The workshop combines sustainable design with object restoration and upcycling. Come and learn about practical carpentry and metalwork skills, and experiment creatively through re-designing and re-using waste materials.
The team believes that the gist of upcycled design is the way it inspires creativity through experimentation of objects that are seemingly useless. Cheong Gor, the craft master from UpCycling Plus, has turned his own vintage cargo bike into a mobile carpentry and metalworking space. Participants will design and create unique accessories from waste and raw materials using practical restoring tools and skills instructed. During the workshop, Cheong Gor will also share about his vintage aesthetics, traditional craftsmanship and modern upcycling design experience with the participants.
Workshop schedule | 工作坊時間表
9 /12 Sun (日) : 7:00pm – 8:30pm
流動架生房由一班銀齡師傅和青年學徒組成。從社區中回收到的資源，製作成社區架生車cargo bike，並舉辦回收導賞團和升級再造工作坊，建立工藝共學平台，重現舊年代的設計美學，將工藝傳承帶入家居日常，在社區和生活裡尋找更多可能性。Turn wastes into improved tastes！
主要設計師有昌哥架生房的劉偉昌和碎念工房的Stephanie Fung，曾參與各大社區項目及藝術設計項目，如Maker Faire HK、香港藝術發展局校園藝術大使大派對、《流動．空間之博弈》展覽及《工藝有話兒》工藝研究及展覽。
About UpCycling Plus
UpCycling Plus is started by a group of skilled craftsmen and post-90s apprentices with the goal to promote mobility through upcycling and cycling. In addition to providing a platform for sharing skills and knowledge through guided upcycling tours and workshops, UpCycling Plus also creates a cargo bike that travels through neighbourhoods as a mobile tools library. We aim to bring creativity, vintage aesthetics and traditional craftsmanship to the average household, creating more possibilities in our lives and community. Let’s turn wastes into improved tastes!
UpCycling Plus’ designers, Cheong Gor and Stephanie Fung, have participated in various community projects and art and design events in Hong Kong.
1. 工作坊費用全免，報名須先繳付按金港幣$100，所作留位之用 。
3. 如參加者成功報名後未能如期出席工作坊，已繳交之 HK$100 恕將不獲退款。
Registration Rules & Regulations
1. Workshops are free of charge but a HKD $100 deposit is required for reservation.
2. An official confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address upon receipt of the HKD 100 deposit.
3. The deposit will be refunded ONLY to applicants who attend the corresponding workshop on the registered date.
4. Workshop will be cancelled if a black rainstorm warning or a typhoon signal no. 8 or above is still in force after 9am in the morning of the event date. In this case, the deposit will also be refunded to applicants.